As we’ve mentioned earlier, we’re really excited to be launching the For Bloggers By Bloggers 30 Day WordPress Workout ™ video tutorial series.
Coming your way the first week of August, it’s a comprehensive 20-part video course designed to get new bloggers up-and-running on WordPress, and understanding the engine of this awesome software.
Today, we wanted to share another of the videos you can expect in the tutorial, as well as give you details of the others in the series. So, here’s the list:
- What is WordPress? – a nice introduction to the platform and why it’s so popular.
- WordPress.com versus WordPress.org – a comparison of the two versions of WordPress and which one is right for you.
- How to Install WordPress – how to use an FTP program if your host doesn’t offer one-click install.
- The WordPress Dashboard – an overview of the main features of your Admin area.
- Creating a New Post – how to create a new post and some of the tools available for that.
- Edit an Existing Post – how to tidy up a post, make changes, correct errors, etc.
- Categories and Tags – understanding the difference between these two important features of WordPress.
- Creating and Editing Pages – how to make your blog or site more functional with specific pages.
- Adding Images – how to sex up your content with the right image.
- Embedding Video – a key tool for many bloggers, this shows you how to use video on your blog posts.
- Media Library – understand what your media library is, how to compile an image archive and more.
- Managing Comments – should you moderate, assign filters, and more in this video about a blog’s most active section.
- Creating Links – how to drive more traffic to older posts with clever link strategies.
- Changing the Theme – spruce up your look and feel with a new design. This will show you the free options as well as the premium ones.
- Widgets – the lifeblood behind a blog’s functionality, turn yours into a powerhouse with the right widgets and where they should be placed.
- Custom Menus – make your blog easy to navigate as well as functional with the right menu options.
- Plugins – the beauty of WordPress is the sheer amount of customization you can do with plugins, from better SEO to ecommerce options, social sharing and much more.
- Adding Users – how to create a multi-author blog, and set parameters for their use of the blog.
- Tools – get up-to-speed with importing and exporting content and more with these handy WordPress tool tips.
- Settings – make your life easier on your blog by only using the settings you need, versus those WordPress says you should use.
As you can see, it’s a pretty in-depth course, and we’ll also be providing you with some complementary ebooks to help you further, not to mention a support area for members (if that’s something you’d want).
The course launches in just over two weeks, and will be priced at $67. However, you can sign up using the form at the end of this post to get an early bird alert and your discount code to get the series at a special launch price of $37. There will also be details of our affiliate program.
Enjoy the video, make sure you sign up if you’re looking to become a WordPress blogger, and we look forward to seeing you nearer launch!