For many bloggers, coming up with blog topics can be hard. Keeping your blog fresh and interesting for readers old and new can see you hitting the blog topics wall, and often that leads to you just not blogging at all.
So, in this regular series, we’ll provide you with 10 free blog topics to get your mind rejuvenated.
As well as offering you some blog topics ideas, we’ll also give a short paragraph on each topic to help you get off the starting blocks. Hopefully this will give you some more ideas, if the initial titles of the post topics themselves don’t.
So – on with the topics!
- The Grandest Dream We’ve Yet to Have. Throughout our lives, we often see historic landmarks – the fall of the Berlin Wall, putting a man on the moon, and more. But what do you feel we’ve still to accomplish – how would you like to see something amazing pan out, and who do you think can make it happen?
- If [INSERT NAME HERE] Had Never Been Born. Think of who’s made a big impact in your life – a schoolteacher, friend, business mentor, etc. How would your life have been different had you never met this person because they had never been born?
- The Last Original Thinker. No matter where you turn, it always seems to be that some idea has copied another – true originality seems to be on the decline. So what was the last great original idea you saw, and how can we swing the pendulum back to original thought?
- Are There Any Off-Limit Topics When It Comes to Blogging? A lot of people have passionate beliefs – politics, religion, sexuality, etc. But can this be transferred to a blog without upsetting people, or are some topics perhaps too edgy or sensitive to be discussed on a blog?
- Does Social Media Help Or Hinder People Connections? Facebook, Twitter, blogging, LinkedIn, Ning, Squidoo, etc. Social media sites have become much more mainstream and popular in the last couple of years. But are they helping create a more social world, or taking us away from our offline friends and connections?
- Lessons From American Idol. Love it or hate it, American Idol is a pop culture phenomenon that’s attracted a huge audience. What can we learn from its success? This could be marketing a product; building a brand; overcoming adversity; avoiding the truth (the really bad acts!) and more. And you don’t even have to like the show to get inspiration from it!
- The Most Powerful Sale in the World. Think of something you’ve bought that, otherwise, you’d have no interest in. It could be something big, small or indifferent – the key thing is you bought it because of the sales message or marketing/advertising. Share how that connected with you, and how other businesses could learn from that approach.
- Because Of You. This will probably be a really personal post, but think of the person you are today. Now, write about the person that made you who you are. The great thing about this is you can use their negative view of you and how that inspired you to prove them wrong, or you can share a positive experience. And you can keep it ambiguous enough so they won’t know it’s them you’re talking about…
- The Soundtrack of My Life. If someone was to make a movie of your life, what would the soundtrack be? What songs would be perfect for your big scenes, and why these songs in particular?
- If Time Stood Still For a Day. Often we complain that there aren’t enough hours in the day for everything we have to do. So if you could freeze time for just one day, what would you make happen? What would you place more importance on, and how would you help others?
Hope these help you get some ideas to start your creative juices flowing again – and feel free to share any posts you write from the above topics.