For many bloggers, coming up with blog topics can be hard.
Keeping your blog fresh and interesting for readers old and new can see you hitting the blog topics wall, and often that leads to you just not blogging at all.
So, in this regular series, we’ll provide you with 10 free blog topics to get your mind rejuvenated.
As well as offering you some blog topics ideas, we’ll also give a short paragraph on each topic to help you get off the starting blocks. Hopefully this will give you some more ideas, if the initial titles of the post topics themselves don’t.
So – on with the topics!
- What I Would Say To My 20-Year Old Self. Now obviously this won’t work if you’re younger than twenty (although feel free to change the age to suit), but what would you advise yourself if you could go back in time? What mistakes, errors, decisions and more would you change if given the chance? Would you change at all?
- If I Could See The Future Me. Riffing on the above suggestion, if you knew what your life was going to turn out like, would you make changes now or let it be? Would you abuse the power of knowledge and make yourself bet on all the winners, or would you not even want to see into the future? Why?
- If I Was King Or Queen For A Day. Say you were royalty and you had the final say in how your country was run (change this up for where royalty isn’t around – so President, for example). What would you do? Would you abolish certain things? What would you replace them with? How would you change the viewpoint of your country?
- Learning From Our Failings. None of us are perfect – we’ve all made mistakes along the way, from love, friends, business and more. What have been some of your biggest failings? What lessons have you taken from them – did you make the same mistakes twice? How are you teaching those you love to avoid the same mistakes?
- What My Mom Taught Me About Blogging. Our mothers have a huge influence on our lives. So what did your mom teach you about blogging without realizing it? Perseverance? Making new friends? Standing up for yourself? Drawing within the lines? Look at your blogging style and see how much of that has been started by your mom.
- Why The Global Community Truly Is A Community. The ability for the Internet to connect / find people after disasters is unmatched. What have you been impressed with the most? The use of Twitter as a real-time news curator? Video feeds from disaster zones? How has the web made you appreciate your global brothers and sisters, and where do you see it going next?
- Ten Things To Do When You Have Writer’s Block. What do you do when the sentence you’re after just won’t come? Do you persevere or plough ahead? Do you walk about to clear your head, or go online for answers? Share some of your tips for getting back on track when inspiration lets you down.
- Why Aliens Would Like My Hometown. If aliens were to land in your hometown tomorrow, what would they think? Would they see it as cool and friendly, or unwelcoming and hostile? Would they see it as quaint and old-fashioned, or modern and scary? How would you help them adapt, and who would you introduce them to?
- And The Winner Is… What people are doing things right? What businesses are giving back to the economy? What videos are drawing you completely into the images on-screen? Make a list of people, businesses, non-profits, media and more that you think are ones that your readers should get to know too.
- If My Blog Was A… Fruit? Vegetable? Book? Magazine? Movie? Song? If you had to compare your blog to something physical, what would it be and why that comparison?
Hope these help you get some ideas to start your creative juices flowing again – and feel free to share any posts you write from the above topics.
See you next week for 10 more free blog topics, and make sure you subscribe to For Bloggers By Bloggers so you get each post as soon as it’s published.