Welcome to this week’s free blog topics. For many bloggers, coming up with blog topics can be hard. Keeping your blog fresh and interesting for readers old and new can see you hitting the blog topics wall, and often that leads to you just not blogging at all.
So, in this weekly series every Saturday, we’ll provide you with 10 free blog topics to get your mind rejuvenated.
As well as offering you some blog topics ideas, we’ll also give a short paragraph on each topic to help you get off the starting blocks. Hopefully this will give you some more ideas, if the initial titles of the post topics themselves don’t.
So – on with the topics!
- How Music Helps Shape My Decisions. We all have our favourite songs, and can remember a time in our life based on a certain tune. But how did they help shape your life? Did a certain song give you the strength you needed at a certain time? Was there a song playing when you told your partner you loved them for the first time? Music is all-encompassing – share what your music taste means to you.
- If The Matrix Was Real. If you’ve seen The Matrix trilogy, you’ll be aware of the concept of humanity being the puppets of machines. But can that be correlated to your actual life? Who would the machines be – your boss, your partner, your bank manager? And how would you overthrow them? (Note – this should probably be written in a tongue-in-cheek manner!).
- The Best High School Date I Never Had. In high school, there’s always that one guy or gal that we had a huge crush on, but nothing ever came of it. So if you could go back in time and be guaranteed a date with that person, who would it be with and where would you go – and money’s no object?
- If This Was My Last Blog Post. At some point, we all die – it’s one of life’s absolutes. So, if you could write and schedule the last blog post you would ever write, what would it say, and what would be your parting message to your community?
- My All-Time Guest Blogger Line-Up. If you offer guest posts on your blog, and you could choose from your all-time favourite bloggers to line up for a week on your blog, who would the seven bloggers be, and what would you have them write about (even better if it’s outside their normal niche)?
- Lessons Learned From Being Fired. Have you ever been fired from a job? Not made redundant, but actually fired? If so, what lessons (if any) did you learn from that, and how have they helped you in your career or job decisions since then?
- Remember When? Life moves fast; changes happen all the time. So how about sharing the things that were a constant in your childhood, and why today’s equivalents are better or worse? Take a trip down memory lane, and see how many of your readers connect with their memories.
- What The Harry Potter Saga Can Teach Us About Branding. Whether you’re a fan of the series or not, with billions of dollars in book, movie and merchandise sales, the Harry Potter saga is a modern phenomenon. So what can businesses learn about branding and longevity from the simple words of an author?
- Knowing When To Stop. The original Star Wars trilogy remains a favourite to me, even though Return of the Jedi wasn’t that strong. And then George Lucas ruined the memories for me by first updating the trilogy, and then releasing the vapid new trilogy. So when should people stop? At what point does something not get any better? Share your take on your favourite author, movie, singer, etc, and where they should have stopped while they were ahead.
- The Best Invention No-One’s Invented Yet. There are innovations all around us, helping make our lives easier or better. But what invention hasn’t been created yet, and if money was no object, what would you invent that would change either your life, or the world around us?
Hope these help you get some ideas to start your creative juices flowing again – and feel free to share any posts you write from the above topics in the comments below, or linking back here.
See you next week for 10 more free blog topics, and make sure you subscribe to For Bloggers By Bloggers so you get each post as soon as it’s published.