Welcome to this week’s free blog topics.
Note: Yes, we know – it’s been more than a week since the last collection. Our bad, and this will be much better going forward!
For many bloggers, coming up with blog topics can be hard. Keeping your blog fresh and interesting for readers old and new can see you hitting the blog topics wall, and often that leads to you just not blogging at all.
So, in this weekly series, we’ll provide you with 10 free blog topics to get your mind rejuvenated.
As well as offering you some blog topics ideas, we’ll also give a short paragraph on each topic to help you get off the starting blocks. Hopefully this will give you some more ideas, if the initial titles of the post topics themselves don’t.
So – on with the topics!
- I’m A Blogger And I’m Proud, Dammit! You know what it’s like to be a blogger – we often get caricatured as lonely, failed writers. But some of the best content around – books, print magazines, etc – is coming from the blogosphere. Offer why blogging is important and why it’s one of the most creative spheres to be in.
- The Worst Post I Ever Wrote. No-one’s perfect, and no-one hits a home run with every single post they write (be honest, now!). So look back on your blogging history and share a post you’d never write today. It could be because of style, voice, content – but one that shows how you’ve grown as a blogger.
- If [INSERT ANY NAME HERE] Could Write a No-Holds Barred Blog Post. Who’s your favourite, or most disliked, politician? Do they stand for good or bad? Do you get the feeling they’d love to say more on a certain topic? If so, write that post on their behalf and let your imagination go wild.
- Social Media Ain’t All That. Everyone tells you that you need to be on social media if you want to succeed. But is that true? Do you run a business and are successful without social media? Share why the great social media adventure has mainly passed you by, and you’re okay because of it.
- My Favourite Corporate Blog. Many people will tell you that business blogs are boring, because they’re not personal stories. But there are some truly great and personal business blogs out there. Share your favourite, and why it stands out for you, and what we could learn from it.
- A Letter to My Younger Self. When we’re younger, we think we know everything, and make some crazy decisions because of that. Decisions that shape our lives, for good or bad. So, if you could write a letter of advice to your younger self, what would it say?
- Five Bloggers You Should Subscribe to Today. We all have our favourite blogs that are a staple in our blog reading diet. So, who are your favourite five and why should we subscribe to them (and you’re not allowed to make them the usual suspects in your niche)?
- If I Could Rewrite the Ending to My Favourite Book. Or movie. Or TV show. Oftentimes, we’re left a little unsatisfied with how our favourite media ends (The Sopranos, anyone?). So what was your favourite show, book, movie, etc, and how would you have rewritten its ending?
- The Greatest Single Piece of Advice I Ever Got. At some point in our lives, we reach a crossroads. This can be in our personal lives or our business one. And just when we need it the most, someone helps us make the right decision with their advice. What was your moment, and how did it change you?
- Why I Started Blogging. We all have different reasons for starting our blogs, and often they’re very different from how our blogs are today. So what was your initial reason, and does your blog still represent that? And, if not, at what point did you notice its evolution?
Hope these help you get some ideas to start your creative juices flowing again – and feel free to share any posts you write from the above topics in the comments below, or linking back here.
See you next week for 10 more free blog topics, and make sure you subscribe to For Bloggers By Bloggers so you get each post as soon as it’s published.