This blog is full of tips. Tips to help you write better. Tips to encourage comments and shares. Tips to find your voice. Tips for using WordPress effectively. We even supply tips to ensure that your blog doesn’t suck eggs.
Lots of helpful, useful, easy to integrate into your blogging strategy kind of tips.
I want to offer a single tip this morning. It is one that I don’t think we talk about enough in the blogoshere.
In my estimation, this tip should be the foundation upon which all other blogging tips, techniques and strategies should be built.
It’s just that important.
Here it is:
Blogging is meant to be fun. Believe me, I know it can become a serious thing when it is your business and how you pay the bills. But at the core of it, it should be fun.
Do you have fun and enjoy writing your blog posts? Are you actually smiling when tapping the words from keyboard to computer? Is there a sense of excitement when you realize it’s blogging day?
If you consistently answer “no” to those questions – it’s time to get a fresh perspective – or it is simply time for you to remember one simple, yet powerful truth:
Have fun so:
1. You can experience the joy of taking something inside you that you are passionate about and bringing it to the full light of day for others to experience and enjoy.
2. You will translate that fun into energy and that energy into creation and that creation into meeting the needs of your readers.
3. You will have the proper attitude when the times of struggle hit you and your blogging.
4. You will stay in the game when others have dropped off like flies.
5. You will love your art and pass that love off to new bloggers just hitting the game. be an inspiration.
Have fun by:
1. Smiling when you write. You think I’m nuts right? Try it the next time you write and let me know how you feel.
2. Always writing on topics that have your interest and passion. Otherwise you will be boring – guaranteed.
3. Changing up your game every once in a while. Don’t become stagnate .
4, Being the devil’s advocate on a post – challenge your readers to think.
5. Pushing the envelope. Find a hot topic and write the heck out of it. See how people react.
6. Being different. In the land of sameness – Stand Out – please!
So there you have it, a short essay (with a few good tips) on having fun as a blogger. I’m hoping that the next time you write you will include a couple of these tips.
May you always have a happiness about you in this wonderful thing called blogging.
What about this having fun thing? What things do you do to ensure you are always having fun with blogging?